Position: Shift Lead
Reporting to: Production Manager
Location: MM Fiber Packaging Ireland Ltd., Ovens, Cork P31 CA55
MM Fiber Packaging Ireland Ltd are secondary packaging manufacturers, specialising in the Pharmaceutical and Beauty industry.
MM is a leading producer of carton board and folding cartons with an attractive offer in kraft papers and uncoated fine papers. We promote sustainable development through innovative, recyclable packaging and paper products made from renewable, fiber-based raw materials. Therefore, all activities related to sustainability, environment and safety have special priority. MM generates sales of approximately EUR 4 billion and employs around 16,500 people
Health & Personal Care Packaging
A leading global provider of packaging and authentication solutions to a diversified blue-chip customer base in the health and personal care, consumer and specialist packaging sectors. The business focuses on delivering value-adding innovation, quality and service through the provision of a wide range of cartons, tapes, leaflets, foils, labels and brand protection security solutions. Customers in over 100 countries are served from facilities in thirteen countries, with development and design centres supporting the division worldwide. Operating from manufacturing sites across Europe, the Americas and Asia, Essentra provides an unrivalled range of innovative packaging solutions to meet the rapidly-changing requirements of the pharmaceutical and health and personal care markets.
Working in effective partnership with customers and strategic suppliers, Essentra is committed to quality, flexibility and creativity, delivering a product range that includes cartons, leaflets, self-adhesive labels and printed foils used in blister packs.
The Shift Lead is responsible for managing the production on shift basis, general production, quality of product, health & safety, equipment, performance (achieving production targets) and managing production personnel
- Full responsibility for the management of the leaflets department, ensuring the production plan and metrics are achieved
- Act as Health and Safety champion, and foster a health and safety culture
- Ensuring the plan is executed in a timely fashion, meeting operational efficiencies at all times, taking into consideration all raw material issues, and having backup plans when necessary
- Hold regular communication meetings with the team
- Contribute to employee appraisals annually
- Drive individual employee performance on a daily basis and provide regular feedback to all employees on all aspects of their performance.
- Manage equipment performance and checking to ensure plans are achieved
- Drive continuous improvement of Product Quality & Plant Efficiencies on each shift
- Ensuring the Area is managed in a controlled fashion that meets quality and all other standards
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed for traceability purposes
- Ensure full and accurate reports are completed and circulated daily highlighting areas of importance and potential negative impacts to shift plan achievement
- Educated to Diploma / Degree Level
- 3 years+ at Supervisory / Manager level
- Be a self-starter in a very dynamic environment with the ability to both implement and continuously improve processes and have excellent analytical skills.
- Positive “can do” attitude, with enthusiasm to “make a difference”.
- Hands on, detail orientated approach
- Proactive problem solver, with proven ability to manage integration projects and motivate employees.
- Flexible to respond to changing priorities and issues, able to multi-task, work on multiple concurrent projects
- Culturally aware, with excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels with the company and able to demonstrate strong organisation skills
- Site Manager
- Production manager
- Other shift leaders
- Customer Services
- Account Managers
- Local Managers
Apply with CV (MS Word format) to:
APB Print Recruitment
Email: [email protected]