Role Title: Die-Cutting Team Leader
Role Purpose: Co-ordination of the work of the Die-Cutting Team and meeting die-cutting output requirements
Reports to: Production Manager
• Setting the Daily, Weekly and Monthly targets for all Die Cutting machines
• Setting the Set-up Times per Die and Blanker
• Monitoring all results for Output and Quality
• Keeping proper records of Output Down Time, machine issues etc.
• Operating, troubleshooting and being the internal expert on all Die Cutting machines
• Planning maintenance and repairs in conjunction with Engineering, including daily, weekly, monthly oiling greasing & cleaning and documenting all maintenance and repairs
• Ensuring that all waste is segregated and sent to the right Baler or Compactor with NO contamination.
• Maintaining an Inventory List of all Dies for all machines, adding new dies to the list
• Ensuring a minimum of 2 good Dies are in stock at any time.
• Ensuring that damaged dies are repaired with the correct Die Form Maker
• Monitoring individual operator performance and taking action where improvement is needed.
• Training and upskilling operators to improve output and efficiency of all machines
• Devising a skill level rating chart in conjunction with HR
• Receiving suggestions from all operators to help improve the smooth running of the machines.
• Coordinating with Health and Safety staff to ensure safe operation of the machines.
• Carrying out additional duties as required
• The working week consists of 5 x 7.5 hour days, rostered Monday to Friday. The job holder may occasionally be required to work outside of normal hours to suit particular tasks or at busy times of the year, and will be required to be available out of hours to assist with troubleshooting problems by phone or in person.
• Participate in training required for the job function, including training in relation to Health Safety and Environment obligations.
• It is the duty of every employee while at work to take reasonable care for the Health, Safety and Environment of him/herself and of other persons, who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work, and as regards any duty or requirement imposed on his/her employer or any other person by or under any of the relevant statutory provisions (Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, Section 13)
The job-holder must be:
• Experienced in operating and trouble-shooting die-cutting machines, ideally Bobst
• Comfortable working in a very busy manufacturing environment which requires a lot of physical movement – standing, lifting, carrying etc
• Competent in written and spoken English as required in this role.
• Entitled to work in the EU
Apply with CV (MS Word format) to:
APB Print Recruitment
Email: [email protected]